* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Welcome to Second Time Treasures * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Thrifting, Vintage, Repurposing, Upcycling, Handmade, Homemade, Altering, Restyling, Creating, Salvaging, Life and More. Sharing Bits 'N Pieces along the way . . . . . . One-of-a-Kind Treasures

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Metal Tin Tray Blue Design Chalkboard Repurposed


Metal Tin Tray Blue Design was found with other trays with different colors, and design. I tried this one as my first project for making a chalkboard on it. This is the before picture.

Here is the after picture of the repurposed tray I did as a chalkboard. I had gone to 2 different stores that did not have the chalkboard spray I was wanting. Soooo, I regretfully got the pain on chalkboard, which would have not been bad if I had been more experienced with it. I used a sponge applicator, and applied the chalkboard paint. Unfortunately, I can see the lines, marks from me going back and forth with the sponge applying this. And, I am sure it probably did this because I have applied more than needed. Now I know, but with this I wish I would have known sooner. I do have other trays I found on the same day with this one. Red one, Black one with floral design, and a really Retro one with yellow, orange, and green colors. WooHoo!

Before I attempt another chalkboard I have made sure I found a can of the spray chalkboard paint which I feel for me will work better. So, whether I make more chalkboards, or magnetic memo boards with the other trays, I will make sure to show it here as well, ok? 

Thanks so much for visiting with Second Time Treasures. I enjoy your visits, and welcome all comments, and things you wish to share too. Take care everyone, and have a super weekend!:)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment