* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Welcome to Second Time Treasures * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Thrifting, Vintage, Repurposing, Upcycling, Handmade, Homemade, Altering, Restyling, Creating, Salvaging, Life and More. Sharing Bits 'N Pieces along the way . . . . . . One-of-a-Kind Treasures

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Glass Cloche Repurposed From Thrift Store Finds


Glass Cloche Repurposed From Thrift Store Finds. Welcome to LilacsNDreams Second Time Treasures! Happy to have you here viewing, and remember you are welcome to share, and comment with my postings too. Would be glad to have you share with all of us. 

This item came from a Thrift Store find on Friday from a Missions Place I like to visit, and donate to also. I had gotten another glass piece I was going to use for the knob, but had this one on hand, and it seem to fit the size and character of this piece a little bit more. So, this is how it looked before I repurposed it.  

Here is how the item looks completed from repurposing with different pieces. I glued the glass piece on top of this glass vase giving it a knob, and making this a glass cloche. I let this sit for at least 48 hours to make sure the glue dried, and cured. During that time I went through other pieces I have around the home...my stash:) I found this Anchor Hocking Green Vase that is a small mini size. I then took a bundle of pink flowers I had, and cut some of the stems away from it to make this small bouquet to put inside the Green Vase by Anchor Hocking. This is the completed product that I will be offering for sale in my store at Artfire. Before I list any products for my Artfire Store I am working on completing a few products to add to the inventory along with some other vintage pieces I also have to be added with the vintage inventory. 

Thanks so much for visiting with Second Time Treasures today. Was glad to have you, and to be able to share with you. I have another project I started tonight. I have glued 1 piece, and that will have to sit to dry completely. I will then be attaching that piece to another, adding a small bowl to it that I will leave loose, and not glue. I am making a tier plate from a matching plate, and saucer. I have the before picture, and soon will have a completed picture for you with this also. Hopefully it will be completed within a couple of days. 

Thanks again everyone, and take care. Till the next time. 
"Seeing Beyond What it is. . . . to What it Can Be!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment