* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Welcome to Second Time Treasures * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Thrifting, Vintage, Repurposing, Upcycling, Handmade, Homemade, Altering, Restyling, Creating, Salvaging, Life and More. Sharing Bits 'N Pieces along the way . . . . . . One-of-a-Kind Treasures

Friday, July 29, 2011

Repurposed Glass Bowl, Mikasa Plates, Home Decor, Tier Plate






Kind of a before picture. Glass bowl with a ruffled rim, and a glass candle holder made from homco. 

Glass Compote Candle Holder is a completed project with the glass bowl, and the attached candle holder. I used a wide lace, and weaved a mauve colored ribbon through the top tying it in front with a small bow. Gives it a little more character with the lace skirt. This skirt could also be removed, and maybe used on a small mini lamp shade too. 

The 2 plates are Mikasa, have not sold with 2-3 different venues they had been listed with. Will not throw them, don't want to give them away, so I repurposed them into a tier plate. Also, used a salt shaker that matches with speckled background, but different brand. Then, found a yellow ceramic bowl that matches the flowers. 

Mikasa Tiered Serving Plate has the two plates attached with the salt shaker in the center that was glued. On top the yellow bowl was left loose for those wanting to remove it, and set to side for use.


When I glue things I like to let them set for 24-48 hours depending on the size, and weight of the item. Sometimes a little longer if I feel it needs to set longer. Once that drying part is done I will then start repurposing to ways I invision, or can imagine it. Prior to all pieces being used they have been mildly washed, and dried making cleaner surfaces for better sealing of glues, and such used. I sometimes wonder what took me so long to get to this point, and why did I not do these things sooner. I enjoy what I am doing. It is fun, enjoyable, feeling of accomplishment, making one-of-kind items not found in stores, and am happy to offer for those to enjoy with their homes. 

Items that have been shown through out here have either been listed with my Artfire Store for sale, or most of them I am showing to you have not yet been listed, and are preparations for fall inventory to be listed soon. Thanks so much for visiting LilacsNDreams Second Time Treasures. I enjoy the visits, comments, the sharing, and suggestions by others as well. Have a wonderful creative weekend everyone!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment