* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Welcome to Second Time Treasures * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Thrifting, Vintage, Repurposing, Upcycling, Handmade, Homemade, Altering, Restyling, Creating, Salvaging, Life and More. Sharing Bits 'N Pieces along the way . . . . . . One-of-a-Kind Treasures

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

LilacsNDreams Repurposed Upcycle Reused Treasures


A Vintage Inspired Cake Cupcake Serving Plate Cobalt Blue Pedestal Stand  




A Glass Cloche With Decorative Plate and Accent Pink Blue Black Upcycled



A Glass Ashtray Candle Jewelry Trinket Holder Blue Stand Pressed Glass



A Glass Chandelier Candle Holder Repurposed Lighting Upcycled Home Decor

 

 

Above you will notice pictures for some items I have done so far. Clicking the titles will take you directly to the pages they are on with more pictures, and details. These along with others can be viewed in my Artfire Store. I have more pieces at home to be working on like a wooden box I painted that has 3 small drawers, and some other items I will be painting as well. I have done quite a bit with different glass pieces, and some plates and saucers. I have more ideas, things sitting here to be worked with, some papers to sort through to use, need to get some more hodge podge, and all of that fun stuff.

I started selling online in 2004, and my start was with Ebay. Since then I have moved onto other venues, have learned some things along the way, enjoy selling my vintage collectibles as they are a passion of mine. But, I felt as though something was missing. Like I needed more, or there was more I was suppose to do. 

I would spend time reading things on the internet, looking at all the wonderful creations of others, thinking, imagining, smiling, and thoughts of  "I can do that, or....I use to do that....or I did something like that once". Memories of being on grandparents' farm, playing in the empty hen houses, painting, putting pictures on the glass of windows, sewing with grandmother, and creating things then. The thoughts of childhood, the creations then, thought I grew out of it, and who would have guessed there would be a market for it today. So, this brings out "The Kid in Me", and I am enjoying it. 

Thanks for visiting LilacsNDreams Second Time Treasures page, and hope you enjoyed your first visit. You are welcome to comment, and share with everyone here. Till the next time my blogging friends. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment